Friday, January 15, 2016

Socks on TV - oh, and me too!

Toe Up Socks, under construction
in my living room.

I have been most fortunate to be, on occasion, classified as a 'working actor' on a couple of TV shows. On set, I often keep busy during the waiting time by working on my latest knit or crochet projects. In July 2014, I was working on a pair of "toe up socks" - like the ones pictured here, and that was what I brought to pass the time while I waited to be called to set.

Coincidentally, the director had asked the props department to supply knitting needles and yarn as a possible prop to use during a scene in which my character was supposed to be waiting for her daughter. When they saw that I had my own knitting project in progress, my socks made it into the show! I'm not sure which was more fun: being on camera, or knowing that my handiwork was there with me!

Finished "star socks."
Here are the completed socks. And here is a link to watch Motives & Murders: Cracking the Case, Season 4, Episode 10 entitled "A Chance Encounter" in which my socks were featured - and me, as Marjorie Stark ! (The socks are seen for precisely 1 second, at 36:59 into the show, but I know they were there, and that is what counts!)

Cheers,
BusyLizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

BusyLizzy would love to hear from you!